Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Music to my ears, maybe yours2


Hello, One of my other interests and challenges to myself, is the continual and daily practice of Trumpet playing. I have been taking lessons and playing for about 4 years. I was inspired to try to produce a sound similar to CHRIS BOTTI, but,it is apparent that, i may not have enough years to play in this lifetime!.However, i enjoy it nonetheless, and it requires no electrical power from boat batteries. My new challenge, is teaching myself to play UKULELE, which is done very informally. The study of the trumpet is serious and pretty regimented, and the Ukulele is much more laid back. i would like to achieve at least intermediate competence , so i can enjoy playing with other cruisers and beach pot luck parties , in palm lined beaches .

3 comments:

  1. You play the trumpet? Impressive! We're hoping to learn to play something like the Ukelele ourselves once we start cruising. If that's too hard, then maybe bongos or a harmonica?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ukulele, is a great acoustic instument, thhat is specially suited to a cruising boat,it seems to always bring smiles to peoples faces. I recommend the Harmonica music of TOOTS THIELMANS, he is a virtuoso harmonica player from Belgium, his music is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend just bought me a Uke, thinking that it would be the perfect instrument to have on our boat. I have been trying to teach myself to play as well. Fortunately there are now plenty of online resources available (youtube, etc.) that make it pretty easy to get stated.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete